Tuesday 16 February 2016

Today is exactly a fortnight since I first went into hospital. I rang the MRI scheduling department at Strathcathro Hospital and they told me that the cardiologist has asked for the MRI to be done in May 16 prior to an appointment with him. I made sure that they have my telephone number and confirmed that I can take holiday now as planned as I won;t be called until May. This is very different from the fleeing aboot of last week and suggests that I should just be getting back to normal and be happy that the beta blocker and ACE inhibitor in combination are keeping blood pressure and heart rate at a better level. It is difficult to explain to anyone who has not had hypertension and palpitating how different your body feels when both these are slowed down, It is like you are fizzing with chemicals and you have to work with your body pump, not in spite of it. There is no pain or discomfort but I do feel like I am in a slight time warp. I let the family know that I will travel as long as I feel strong enough for the long journey, and will have that specific conversation with the GP before I book my ticket. I will come back in plenty of time for the May appointments, but I think I will be doing that by myself as I cannot imagine that Alan would make that trip with me.

I need to get my confidence back and not be frightened of what could happen. I promised Alan I would walk along the road and back this morning. I actually walked along the road at pace, up the hill on to the cinder path along the Knock, through Culcrieff, back to the main road and back up the hill to Alisons house. At some points, the cold and icyness made me feel as though the path was jumping up at me, but I made myself a solid walking stick and kept going. When I got back, my walk had not been noticed as Alan was trying to download an app from Daily Telegraph with their helpline, so I got the brush and shovel and cleared Alison's front porch of ice and leaves. Now I am going to make her a polenta almond orange drizzle cake and arrange some tulips for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment